For the coding portion of your first assignment, you will implement some operations on simplicial complexes which were discussed in class and in Chapter 2 of the course notes. Once implemented, you will be able to select simplices and apply these operations to them by clicking the appropriate buttons in the viewer (shown above).
- For this assignment, you will need to implement the following routines in projects/simplicial-complex-operators/simplicial-complex-operators.js:
- This assignment comes with a viewer projects/simplicial-complex-operators/index.html which lets you apply your operators to simplices of meshes and visualize the results.
- Pay close attention to the course notes! Some routines really must be implemented with sparse matrices, not directly with the halfedge mesh data structure.
- Selecting simplices will not work until you fill in the assignElementIndices function.
- The assignment also comes with a test script tests/simplicial-complex-operators/text.html which you can use to verify the correctness of your operators.
Important: Please rename your simplicial-complex-operators.js file to simplicial-complex-operators.txt, so that your email does not get filtered out by the email server.
The assignment is due on February 8, 2020 at 5:59:59pm Eastern (not at midnight!). Remember to turn in the whole assignment via a single email including both the written exercises (as a PDF file) and the code (in a ZIP file). Further hand-in instructions can be found on this page.